Monday, May 11, 2009

shopping local



One thing I love about Buenos Aires is the local shopping. Yes, there are huge supermercados, there is one nearly every 3-4 blocks, but local shopping is still in.... In my street (only my block) I have this green grocer on the corner, there is also a butcher shop a bakery and a pastry shop. Then there are the normal little dress shop, electrical shop, hairdresser and laundry. We also have 2 parilla and a pizza place. Oh, I forgot about the cafe and the 25 apartment buildings. It is so quaint. I just love it. The apples from this store are the best. I have also been buying my breakfast grapefruit from here, and all my salad stuff. Most of the produce is from Argentina, but there are a few things that come from other South American countries such as the bananas from Brasil.

No comments:

Post a Comment