Sunday, May 10, 2009

DAY 3 - saturday 9 may 2009


Had arranged to skype my parents at 8am, that was before I knew I was only going to get home in the wee hours, anyhow had a grand old chat but left the web cam off, not looking too good so early in the morning... Technology is brilliant, I mean this skyping stuff and all is so fantastic. So after the chat went back to be for a while and then decided that I would venture forth to the neighbourhood of Palermo. Decide to slow down on the walking bit and caught the tube. First stop was the Jardin Botanico. The gardens a re on 7 hectres, and boast over 5,500 species of plants from Argentina and the world. There are 5 greenhouses. The main one is in Art Nouveau style and was brought over from France in 1900 it is 280sq m. Apart fom all the plants the garden has a wealth of public art including impressive sculptures. The park is also the home of many feral cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment