Saturday, May 16, 2009

PLAYING TOURIST PART 1......







I decided that I would spend today playing tourist, so after skpe calls and breakfast I caught the subte downtown to Plaza de Mayo and the Presidential Palace - Casa Rosada - owes its distinctive pink colour to President Sarmiento (19 CENTUARY) who proposed a blend of Federalist red and Unitarist white to symbolize reconcilliation between the two opposing political factions. The Palace was originally painted using a mixture of whitewash and oxblood. Over the years the balconies have been use by various famous Argentines to stir national passions and to demonstrate public support. So after wandering around the square which was very quiet, possibly because it was Saturday, I had a sneaky look in side and had my picture taken with two Palace Guards. As the weather was crisp and dry I walked down to San Telmo and Plaza Dorrego .

No comments:

Post a Comment