Saturday, May 16, 2009

PLAYING TOURIST PART 2......








Plaza Derrago is the centre point of San Telmo, which is an interesting neighbourhood of the city. San Telmo is know for its 'bohemian' feel and its many antique and bric-a-brac shops and markets. On weekends the square is a buzz with Tango Performers, wonderful music and outdoor cafe's and lively craft market. I was rather lucky to get the chance to see two sets of Tango Dancers while I sat in the sun enjoying my cafe con leche. Tango dancing is so beautiful to watch. The dancers are so skilled and their movements so precise. It was so good that I ordered a second Cafe so that I could just enjoy it all. San Telmo itself is a lovely neighbourhood or barrio. The streets are cobbled and narrow and the building have a distinct oldfashioned charm about them. Geraniums tumble over wrought iron balconies and every thing is just a little tired, but that only adds to the appeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment