Sunday, May 17, 2009

SHOPPING BUENOS AIRES



Calle Florida (pronounced flo-ree-da) is in the down town area, this street is only for pedestrians and you can literally find and buy anything you want - from leather goods to furniture, appliances, tourist stuff, books and music and anything else in between. It took me about an hour to wander through. I started at the Diagonal Norte intersection and stopped to listen to a band playing good rythm beats and ended up in Plaza San Martin. Because I walked through on a Saturday morning it was not a busy a it gets at night and during the week when office workers, shoppers and sightseers fill Centro's streets. Florida is a bit of a tourist trap, but it has a real buzz about it which I loved. I don't think that I could go there all the time though, but it is fun once in a while. Florida is easy to get to as all the subte lines seem to be found there.

No comments:

Post a Comment