Monday, May 25, 2009

25 MAY - INDEPENDENCE DAY


Today is the National holiday when Argentina celebrates its
Independence from Spain. I could not quite understand why there were no people about this morning, the streets were scarey quiet. Like everyone had been abducted over night and I got left behind! but then I saw blue and white ribbons and realised PING! public holiday!!!!. We still had to go to school and do our grammar assessment. That's over now and we get the results back later on in the week..... We also did our lesson plans and prac. teaching preparation for this weeks lessons. It has been so hot and humid today, but it has just started raining... hope that doesn't mess up the plans for tonight.. Some girls from the class plus some of their friends and me ( and maybe Aldo - the Mexican who shares the apartment with me), have planned to go to La Bamba del Tiempo. (now that is such good grammar and sentence construction!!!! what have I learned?)
Hope its not washed out! It is now pouring down, huge gigantic raindrops!!! Will tell you all about it on the next blog post!

No comments:

Post a Comment