Tuesday, May 19, 2009

melancholy tuesday


It's almost 2 weeks since I arrived.................

The TEFL course is going well, I am learning so much. Today we went over how to plan our lessons, it was so beneficial. Tomorrow we get our teaching prac. time tables and then next week we start!! I must say that I am feeling a little anxious, which I hope is normal. We have two more grammar lessons and then next week we have an assessment. Not really looking forward to that - grammar is not really my strong point. I thing my speaking and writing is ok, but when I have to dissect my sentence and say what everything is and why, I battle!!!

The good news though is that I went for a job interview at a language school called oneonone argentina. I saw their ad for a teacher, so I sent along my resume and they called me in for an interview. I think that the interview went well, they have 2 positions available starting begin July. They will let successful candidates know in 2 weeks. So hold thumbs! It seems that most of the language teaching jobs here are hour based so its up to the 'teacher' to fill up her hours. I've worked out that I need to work a minimum of 30 hours a week to live comfortably. I also found out how to get a cuit number (which is like a tax number) and that will make looking for work a lot easier. Looking for suitable accommodation at an affordable price, is proving to be a bit more of a challenge - but no doubt with my constant perseverance I will find something before my beloved arrives in July!


I haven't been sleeping too well since I arrived. The lifestyle is so different, everything happens so late here. I'm finding that I have dinner between 9-10pm and then once I've done my chores and homework its after midnight, and then I still am not able to go to sleep straight away. Might have to start taking an afternoon siesta.


The weather has been a bit chilly in the mornings, which I don't really feel as the apartment has central heating, but when I walk out the front door it really hits me. This morning I woke up with a bit of a scratchy throat, have been taking my homeopathic remedy but I think I might be coming down with the dreaded lurgy!!! This post is getting very melancholy so I think I'll sign off now.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mich
    Hope you're feeling better today. You should stress too much about your assignment. We know that you will do well no matter what is put in front of you.
    I have to dash out to a meeting now, will catch up some more later.
    Love & hugs
    Jen

    ReplyDelete