Thursday, May 28, 2009

THE PAST WEEK - WHAT A WEEK............(1)....







This has been one of those weeks that has just whizzed by, but so much has happened... started off as you know with Independence Day and the dreaded Grammar Exam! and then it has just got better. Monday night I went to the La Bomba del Tiempo, with Amy and Lisa (my classmates), we had a brilliant time. Because we all live in different places around the city, we decided to meet at a central location, as I walked out the apartment door the heavens opened and I got quite wet. So by the time we walked 10 blocks and got to Konex to see La Bomba we were all rather wet. (not quite sure why we didn't take a taxi???) Some one was on our side, because the drinks were a fantastic price $8 peso for a high ball glass of wine. I mean who could turn that down.... so after 2 glasses and drying my hair with my scarf I was ready to move to those Latin drum beats..... The La Bomba is a 17 piece percussion band that plays every Monday at the Konex Centre. There is a conductor/ band leader who using some very interesting hand signals directs the musicians. The music is very Afro-Latin and you just dance and enjoy the show. The music begins at about 8 pm and goes on non stop for two hours - talk about a work out ! these guides are good. By the time we left the rain had cleared up and it was a great evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment