Thursday, December 8, 2011

Spring Time (September 2011)

September is my favourite month, not only because it is the month I celebrate my birthday, but its officially spring if you live in the southern hemisphere, and everything is fresh and new.  This is the one month that I make sure to spend most of my free time out and about.  As a birthday gift this year, Brad gave me a photography course.  It was amazing!  The course was conducted in Spanish, so I got to practice a bit, but more importantly I learned to use my camera and its functions a little bit better.... of course the only way to get the hang of my camera is to go out and practice.  So the first practice was the spring blossoms at the Japanese Gardens, then a visit to the Fiesta de la flor and then of course just exploring the city from a different perspective.

During my first year here (2009) I visited Escobar for the annual flower show.  Being interested in plants and gardens its a wonderful treat to escape the city for the day and just wander around and enjoy the show.  Ofcouse I couldn't leave empty handed and came back home with a few more plants for my balcony garden.

The selection of plants, their amazing colours and scents is reason enough to visit this annual flower show which this year celebrated its 40th Anniversary.

No comments:

Post a Comment